Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book Talk by William, 6th grade: THE END, by Lemony Snicket, 13th book, Series of Unfortunate Events


A Series of Unfortunate Events" written by Lemony Snicket is a fantastic series for people of all ages. I like it because it is always unpredictable and really funny sometimes. It's about 3 children who become orphans after a terrible fire, and an evil man pursuing them whereever they go in an attempt to steal their fortune.

To prove how funny he is, I have written down the description on the back of the last book "The End" as a sort of sneak peak

Dear Reader,

You are presumably looking at the back of this book,or the end of THE END. The end of THE END is the best place to begin THE END, because if you read THE END from the beginning of the beginning of THE END to the end of the end of THE END, you will arrive at the end of your rope.

This book is the last in A Series of Unfortunate Events, and even if you have braved the previous twelve volumes, you probabley cant stand such unpleasantries as a fearsome storm, a suspicious beverage, a herd of wild sheep, an enormous bird cage, and a truly haunting secret about the baudelaire parents.

It has been my solemn occupation to complete the history of the baudelaire orphans, and at last I am finished. You likely have some other occupation, so if i were you I would drop this book at once, so THE END does not finish you.

With all due Respect,

Lemony Snicket

I hope you enjoy the series as much as I did.

With all due respect,

William, 6th grade

1 comment:

  1. William, haven't read much Lemony Snicket yet, but after your review, I think I will! Funny, funny, funny.

    ReplyDelete